Friday, July 22, 2005

Where I've Been, and Where I'll Be...

Where I've Been

Vacationing. I took most of last week off as we had company in town.

Working. This week, that is. Working like a mad dog, not that I've ever seen a mad dog work, but you get the point.

This is my busiest time of year (gotta love the timing of summer, *sigh*). Did I mention I've been working?

Where I'll Be

Next week: On vacation.

I know. You say, "Uhh, Eddie, let me get this straight. You're killing yourself at work, it's your busiest time of year, and you're taking another vacation? Right after you just took a vacation?"

Yeah. That's basically the drill. Have you ever found it relaxing to have your house overrun by 11 visitors? Didn't think so. The next vacation is so we can recoup from the last.

THE BEACH! Yay! I can't wait. One entire week of no phones, no meetings, no last minute "Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm moving tomorrow and I need 10 people to help"'s. It'll be beach during the day, and brain rotting TV, videos and games at night. Not to mention the food. Oh, the food! Ahhhh....

(I have Frank Sinatra'a "The Summer Wind" playing right now--seems appropriate somehow)

So guess where I'll be when I get back?

Working. And working some more, and basically undoing the therapy of the second vacation.

Then school starts next month, and a few weeks after that work will crescendo into "crazy hyper insane busy", and then work will slow down considerably.

But then... Well, I'll save the rest for another time.

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2005 12:29 PM, Blogger motherof8 said...

Does that mean we will have to live without your priceless blogs?! Oh, the inhumanity! Well, here's wishing you productive work and relaxing vacation. I need a trip to the beach. It is 2 hours away and still I have trouble finding time for day trips! Something wrong with my priorities.

 
At July 25, 2005 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have missed your posts... but I forgive you. And I forgive you in advance for the lack of posts to come. ;)

Enjoy the beach! Sounds wonderful!

 
At July 26, 2005 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vacation...Work...Vacation.

Sounds like a government job to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home