Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Highlights from the Past Week

(in no particular order)

Flying out of DC hours before it gets pummeled with snow and ice: Then calling your friend from warmer climes and asking him to shovel your driveway in you're absence. And please, don't pile the snow in one place, it hurts the grass, okay? Well, gotta run--literally, on the beach.

San Diego temple, one of my favorites: It was, as it usually is whenever I happen to visit, packed. I figured it was better to sit around in the temple than it would be to sit around an airport for several hours praying for at least a middle seat on a weather-delayed flight.

In and Out: Love those burgers, baby.

See's Candies: Never come home empty handed.

Sunshine: While it was cold towards the end of the trip, it was 20 degrees here in Washington. I'll settle for 62 with clouds, thank you.

Phone call from a friend in the ward: Telling me that our chapel was flooded and everyone was scrambling to find wet-vacs to clean the carpets. Oh, how sad that I missed that.

Phone call to the same friend: Describing the nice lunch I was enjoying 5 steps from the beach between meetings. He informed me that I am going to hell.

Anne's Arrival: She flew out for a couple of days after my meeting. The kids enjoyed a couple of days at my sister's house, which in their minds is the closest thing on this planet to heaven.

Realizing I had lost my license: The day before we flew home. Where had I dropped it? Who had found it? What on earth would they do with it?! The airline people I talked to on the phone weren't sympathetic; the jist I got was "find it or else call Amtrak."

Driving normally: So as to not get pulled over while driving sans-license.

Finding my license: In a weird, semi-hidden compartment in the rental car. Who designed that thing, anyway? And how did my license jump in there from my wallet?

Returning home: And finding our kids tired, sticky and happy. Tired, sticky and happy is good when you're 3, apparently.

4 Comments:

At February 02, 2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! Good to have you back.  

Posted by Sister T

 
At February 02, 2005 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I love San Diego! Though, I've only been there a couple times. It is beautiful!

And I'm jealous that you got to go to the temple. The couple times we went it was either closed or we were there with young children. But even visiting the outside is wonderful. 

Posted by Sariah

 
At February 03, 2005 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You were in my neck of the woods!

Don't you just LOVE San Diego. Sometimes I take the little over an hour drive from L.A. just to take in the scenery and do a session. Fantastic! And, you've just reminded me how lucky I am to have In and Out and Sees.

Glad to hear you had a great time! 

Posted by Lizzy

 
At February 04, 2005 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on San Diego.

It was a good time. I love San Diego. I've said for some time now that if I had my choice of places to live, that would be the place. Fortunately I get out there about once a year, and it's typically in January. In fact, last year right after I got there, DC was hit with a major snowstorm.

The temple is beautiful. Especially the atrium on the top floor--very unique. I only saw it once when Anne's grandparents lived in the area, they walked us up there.

Too bad the property values out there are even more crazy than they are here.  

Posted by EastCoastEddie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home