Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Just a suggestion...

I'm not a big seafood eater. Once in a while it's okay, but I certainly don't go out of my way to get it.

Someone in my office, however, seems to love it. I'm the lucky guy with the office next to the kitchenette. That means that whenever someone heats up nasty smelling food, I'm treated to enjoy the lingering effects for some time (like the time a coworker burned popcorn in the microwave--walked away and left it in there for 5 minutes--at night when the HVAC had already shut off).

Right now, there is the most foul smelling fish TV dinner cooking in the microwave. I'm seriously considering calling a HAZMAT crew. My office door is closed (I never close my office door) and I've borrowed a neighbor's "Home Fragrance Spray" from Bath and Body Works. Usually there is an Ionic Breeze stationed right outside the kitchen (see above, re: burnt popcorn), but someone borrowed it to take home for a week. So I'm left to suffer.

My suggestion? Think twice before you bring something to eat at work. If you see/hear people gagging or closing office doors, there's a slight chance it's due to your lunch.

UPDATE: Just received an email from the receptionist: "What's the smelly stuff that's cooking?!"

UPDATE #2: The "Home Fragrance Spray" mixed with "Freezer-Fresh Shrimp" odors have caused our resident pregnant woman to hermetically seal her office door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home