Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The post that never was... or was it?

I was going to write about a couple of things today. Like the drunk (or really incoherent, maybe he's not a morning person) redneck who stormed up to my car window this morning, cursing at me because apparently I didn't understand that he was using mental telepathy to signal his lane change, instead of employing the more common visible-to-the-naked-eye, incadescent lamp variety of turn signal.

I remained calm. In fact, I was bemused, so I said, "Now, wait, let me get this straight. You're going 30 mph, and a car going 60mph passes you in another lane--a lane that car was already in--but you wanted to get in that lane, and even though you didn't use a turn signal you're mad at me, the driver of the aforementioned car?"

Maybe it was my well-timed come back, or the fancy word I used at the end. He cursed again, as my power window whirred back up. He mumbled something I'm sure I don't want know as he staggered back to his truck. Hey, at least I was polite... for this area, anyway.

See, I would post about this and other stuff. But now I have to go home and grill some chicken for the missionaries who are coming to dinner tonight. Either that or they'll be sitting on the front porch waiting for me to get home.

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2005 6:34 PM, Blogger NFlanders said...

I've noticed that Virginia drivers seem to have a real problem with the turn signals. They don't like anyone knowing what they're up to.

 
At April 20, 2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Eddie said...

I hear you, Ned. There are times when I don't use my turn signal---mainly when there's not much traffic and I'll merge over on my own after the last car goes by. If you put on your signal, then the other cars slow down and it takes longer, and then you have someone right behind you.

I guess I figured that's what this guy was doing... he had no signal on and was going pretty slow, and I was the only other car on the road so I figured he was either (A) content in his current lane going half my current speed, or (B) he was going to merge over after I went by.

Guess I was wrong. Oh well. Like I say, he was either drunk, or not a morning person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home