Monday, March 28, 2005

Why I Love My Sister...

... she's hilarious, among other lovable traits.

(and lest I forget to mention, I have two sisters who are equally as lovable... they are both older than me, but I'm taller than both of them, so I can sometimes get away with calling them my "little sisters," even though they could probably still beat me up if they wanted to)

But this story, I think, helps illustrate just what she's like. She is a very self-confident and determined person. She'll say what's on her mind, and often says very shocking things that make me laugh and choke on my food at the same time. And she always laughs at my jokes, so really, how can I not love her?

Some community organization was having a fancy fund-raiser banquet. She and her husband own a business in their community, and so they were invited. For whatever reason, she ended up there without her husband. So she's sitting around a table with a bunch of stuffy community business philanthropist-type people.

The program begins, and the lady conducting the evening's events announces "we're now going to show you a short video detailing some of the things we've done for the children of our community. It's a real tear jerker!"

At which point my sister leans in and announces to her table, as only she could do, "I don't know about you, but this is usually when I slip out for a cocktail."

It's a good thing I wasn't there, because I wouldn't have been able to compose myself for the rest of the evening (due to my laughter). She said she got looks of shock and disbelief. Which I suppose is understandable, still...

That's why I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home