Friday, March 11, 2005

One Hour = 60 Minutes

When my wife has to give a lesson or talk at church, it consumes her. She'll think about it for days. She'll start outlining, gathering visual aides, writing notes, etc. She's very organized, and always does an outstanding job. Recently she was recently released as Gospel Doctrine teacher in order to fulfill another calling, and I had countless people come tell me they almost "opposed" the new calling on the grounds that they loved her class.

The point is, she's very organized about this stuff. Me, on the other hand? Well, let's just say I work well under the pressure of a looming deadline. But no worries, my wife is always prepared! So imagine my surprise when, just a few days ago, I looked at the calendar on the kitchen wall. Penciled in for this Sunday was, "Fireside, Ed/Anne speak"

I hadn't heard anything about this; so I went and found her to see what this was all about.

"Oh, yeah, someone called weeks ago and asked about that. I forget now who it was, or what we were supposed to talk about." In her defense, she's been under the weather for a couple of weeks.

We figured, you know, probably a "panel" type discussion. Or maybe they want us to talk for 10 or 15 minutes. Whatever, no problem! So she called up the sister that had requested we speak.

Long story short:

It's just us (well, us and the youth, who probably think we're older than dirt)

and...

We have an hour.

4 Comments:

At March 11, 2005 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Did they give you a topic? I get the impression you would be a great youth speaker! Let us know how it all turns out!

 
At March 15, 2005 8:06 PM, Blogger motherof8 said...

i completely agree with Lizzy's comment (the one I can read, at least!)

An hour listening to you tell your conversion story and/or about your love story would fly all too quickly! Then there are so many good things you could share about the joys of parenting. I am sure that you could converse ably on many other gospel subjects as well, but I would come for your life story!

 
At March 15, 2005 8:06 PM, Blogger motherof8 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 15, 2005 8:08 PM, Blogger motherof8 said...

Great. I deleted my second comment because it was not a second comment at all, just my spastic fingers hitting the publish button twice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home