Friday, September 23, 2005

Okay, so I'm slow to pick up on things...

I'm not sure exactly why, but some things seem to sail right past me and I never pick up on them. You know, like my wife dropping hints about what I could get her for her birthday.

Then there's some trendy stuff that seems to slip by me. For example, I've seen a dozen people in the last three weeks wearing these yellow, rubberized wristbands. I couldn't quite figure it out... what, exactly, are those supposed to represent? I mean, a gold watch symbolizes wealth. But a rubber wrist band? It costs 5 cents to make, and some outfit is probably out there hocking them for $35 a piece, ripping off the fad-frenzied American consumer.

So tonight I googled "yellow wrist band". The first hit explained it all. Somehow this "cultural phenomenon," as the author states, warped right over my sheltered drive-between-home-and-work life.

Now my curiosity has been satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home