Tuesday, September 05, 2006

For once, I was speechless...

School is back, for both the kids and their dad. Tonight I was at class, and the evening's discussion focused on two industries.

During the first hour of class we discussed coffee retailers. I had very little to contribute to this conversation. I mean, other than buying an overpriced hot chocolate from Starbucks a couple of years ago, I'm in the dark with this stuff.

The second hour we talked about liquor sales tactics. The discussion evolved/devolved into testimonials from class members about various products and how their marketing campaigns influenced purchasing. To this I had absolutely nothing to add. I asked the guy next to me what the difference was between vodka and whiskey (other than the names and color).

He said, "You don't drink? Seriously?" When I answered that I did not, he nodded and said, "You're lucky. Really. That's awesome."

He then proceeded to tell me that vodka tastes like rubbing alchohol, while whiskey has more of an oak or wooden flavor to it. So, I learned someting at school tonight.

5 Comments:

At September 06, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Sariah said...

Vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol? Gross!

lol

 
At September 06, 2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Mika said...

LOL! Vodka smells terrible, people drink it all the time in Russia. They had a hard time believing that we didn't drink too. Seems that most of the world does. :)

 
At September 07, 2006 12:46 AM, Blogger ValĂ©rie Williams said...

This summer I was in italy and in class everyone started talking about coffee and the different types of coffee and when you are suppose to drink them. I didn't say a word for about 2 hours. I had absolutely nothing to say. I was clueless haha Same with alcohol.

I just know one thing : The word of wisdom makes me save money and I like it :P

 
At September 14, 2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just so you know, gin tastes *exactly* like deep woods OFF (bug spray) smells.

:)

 
At September 26, 2006 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all these wonderful descriptions of how alcohol tastes, I'm suprised that other people do drink it so much. No wonder they mix juice and stuff with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home