Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Playing Hooky

Today was hot. When I got into my car after work, the in-dash thermometer read 102 degrees. It cooled off to a balmy 98 after I pulled out of the parking garage.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, Anne mentioned that she was taking the kids to the new Air and Space Museum, which has an official name that no one can ever remember. We took the kids there back in January or February when they had a day off of school. They were excited to be going back.

I, however, was headed for a day at the office, When I got to work, and it was obvious it was going to be a slow day. About 10:15, I called Anne and we made plans to meet up outside the museum. We spent a couple of hours looking around, got lunch, they headed home, and I went back to work. I was surpise how much they remembered from our previous visit. "Isn't that the F-14 Tomcat?" "I wanna see the Black Widow!" "That long skinny one is called the Concorde." etc. etc.

So, given the choice between a boring day at work, or a day watching your kids "Ooooh" and "ahhh" over the relics of aviation history, I heartily recommend the latter.

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2007 12:35 PM, Blogger Sariah said...

Fun! We thought about visiting a flight museum in Seattle yesterday but we were with friends and it was vetoed. We went to Pike Place Market instead which was also fun. :)

I hope it cools off soon!!!

 
At August 08, 2007 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nice that you ended up being able to go with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home