Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Conference Weekend

Apparently we have a tradition in our home. When Anne announced to our children that it was conference weekend, one of the kids said, "Yay! That means you're making cinnamon rolls!"

I admit, I think the same thing every time conference time comes around.

Conference was great. I missed the first session but have just loaded it onto my iPod so I can listen to the words of our inspired church leaders while I fight traffic for the next day or two.

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Sariah said...

Sounds like a yummy... I mean, great tradition!

 
At October 04, 2006 11:38 PM, Blogger motherof8 said...

My mouth is watering.

I get much the same response. I make breakfast croissants to eat during first session 1) to try to get my people there on time and 2) because one ward used to feed their youth breakfast one of the mornings and smell up the building something ferocious. Between sessions, we have a picnic lunch and invite all the full-time missionaries in the Stake Center. Saturday between afternoon and Priesthood sessions, we visit an ice cream parlor. We love Genereal Conference! the children are finally old enough to enjoy feasting on the word as much as feasting on the food which is a treat to see.

For my teens, cinnamon rolls means Friday morning at Seminary. The teacher brings cinnamon rolls, orange juice, milk and chocolate milk.

I love to see the General Authorities and listen to their voices. Joy, love, truth, and humor!

It worries me just a little how strongly I heard the message that the only peace and safety lies in Christ. Are they bracing us for something?

Did I mention that it is great to hear from you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home